Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Plotting The Course For The Next Month...

REALLY getting close to the end of this thing now... last night's weigh-in sort of had that "school is almost out" feeling to it. Pictures were being taken, conversations are turning towards the finale, and the post weigh-in speech definitely has that "moving on" flavor to it these days.
 
I'll keep it short - not much point in writing anything about motivation, goal-setting, etc.... I will just update my stats for now. Last night's scale showed that I had lost 8.8 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 125.6 pounds. I started 5 months ago at 342.8 pounds; I am currently at 217.2, having lost 36.64% of my starting body weight. I am two pounds heavier than my 17-year old son.
 
I have three goals left to reach (other than little "I weigh less than so-and-so" goals), and they are all very close to each other: the first goal is 205.6 - the number it will take for me to top 40% and to become the highest percentage loser in ABL's three years. That mark is only 11.6 pounds away. The second goal is 14.2 pounds away - the 202.8 pound mark. When we began this thing, I told Bridgett Williams of NBC that I wanted to lose 140 pounds, and 202.8 will put me at 140 down. The third goal is 2.9 pounds further away - the 199.9 mark.
 
4 weeks... 17.3 pounds away from hitting all three of those goals.
 
I don't want to make a huge deal of this publicly, but my buddy Nandy, who has led the ladies since week 2, is still narrowly holding onto the lead. By, like, a pound. I don't know if she will win this competition, but she has achieved the impossible over and over and over again. I refuse to count her out until the lights go out at Fort Discovery on May 16.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Augusta, Georgia
I am privileged to serve as associate pastor of Lumpkin Road Baptist Church in Augusta, Georgia. I have been married to my wife, Brenda, for 22 years, and have two children, ages 20 and 18. I won the 2010 Augusta's Biggest Loser contest with a record-setting 41.83% weight loss, from 342 lbs to 199 lbs in 6 months.